GILLY HICKS US
Updated: November 2013
These are the terms and conditions (the “Sale Terms”) that apply when you purchase products on our website including gift cards and e-gift cards (“merchandise”) from Gilly Hicks. By placing an order for merchandise through GillyHicks.com, Gilly Hicks microsites or mobile sites (collectively our “Website”) or by phone, you accept these Sale Terms and agree to be bound by them. Because these Sale Terms are subject to change, please review and save a copy of them for your records prior to placing each order. If you have any questions about the Sale Terms or any aspect of your order, please e-mail our Customer Service Department at GillyHicks@GillyHicks.com or call 888-269-1932 or +614-219-5072.
ORDER AND ACCEPTANCE
- Each part of an order that you submit to us constitutes an offer to purchase merchandise. If you have placed your order through our Website, after we receive your order you will receive an email from us confirming receipt of your order, usually in minutes. If you do not receive an email, contact us before you try to place another order for the same merchandise. You should note that the email that we send to you confirming receipt of your order does not constitute acceptance of your order.
- Gilly Hicks is not deemed to have accepted your order (or any part of your order) until the requested merchandise is shipped and we have sent a shipment confirmation email. You can track the progress of your order by clicking here.
- If we reject your order because of an error in pricing or other information about the merchandise, we will notify you at the email address you provided and ask you whether you would like to re-submit your order to purchase the relevant merchandise once we have corrected the error. If we have notified you that we have accepted your order by sending you a shipment confirmation email, you will not be required to pay more than the price that was displayed on our Website at the time that you placed your order. If we have sent you merchandise which is different from the description of the relevant merchandise on our Website at the time that you place your order, you can return or exchange it. For more details, please see the return and exchange policy.
Although it is rare that Gilly Hicks would refuse to accept an order, we reserve the right to deny any order for any reason, including where the following situations arise:
Error in Billing, Payment or Shipping Information
Some orders cannot be processed due to an error in information you have provided, which includes, but is not limited to:
- an incorrect credit card or debit card number, expiration date and/or card security value, or information regarding other payment types;
- incorrect billing information (for example, if the billing information you provide is different from information your financial institution has on record);
- an insufficient or incorrect shipping address (including street address, city, state, zip or postal code);
- or any suspected fraudulent information.
Merchandise Shipping Delay or Unavailability
If an item of merchandise is delayed out of our fulfillment center or becomes unavailable, or if there is an error on our Website relating to the order (for example, an error relating to the price or description of merchandise) Gilly Hicks may cancel the order. If this occurs we will contact you so you are aware.
Reshipping of Merchandise
Gilly Hicks’s policies do not allow merchandise to be reshipped. Any orders shipping to 'Freight Forwarding Companies' will not be accepted. A complete listing of countries we ship to is available by clicking here.
Resale of Merchandise
Gilly Hicks is a private label brand. To protect its intellectual property rights, any suspected resale of our merchandise for personal or business profit is strictly prohibited. We will not accept any order found to have characteristics of reselling. We reserve the right to cancel all subsequent orders from such customers.
Previous Fraudulent Order History
Gilly Hicks may refuse to accept any order if fraudulent activity is suspected and may refuse to process subsequent orders from customers with a previous fraudulent order history. We may also refuse any orders connected with a previous credit card dispute.
ENGAGEMENT WITH GILLY HICKS AFFILIATES
Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister Co., abercrombie kids, and Gilly Hicks (the “Company”) reserves the right to block from receiving marketing communications or to remove and unsubscribe from all Company platforms any email address, phone number, and/or mailing address associated with customers determined by the Company to have characteristics of reselling and/or customer orders determined by the Company to be fraudulent. Company platforms affected by such removal include but are not limited to: (i) any of the Company’s online accounts; (ii) promotional club memberships; (iii) email marketing lists; (iv) text messaging programs; or (v) direct mailing lists. In addition, affected customers may be prohibited from accessing or registering for all of the aforementioned platforms in the future.
CUSTOMER INITIATED ORDER CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
You can make changes or cancel your order at any time before your order has been processed. To make changes to your order, please contact our Customer Service Department by e-mail at GillyHicks@GillyHicks.com, or call 888-269-1932 or +614-219-5072.
If your order has already been processed, you may send the merchandise back to us (attention, “Returns Department”) in accordance with the terms of our return and exchange policy. Please note, this excludes gift cards for which all sales are final and are subject to the terms and conditions found in the details link on the gift card pages. If you wish to exchange merchandise that you have received from us within sixty (60) days from the date of your original order, you can use our speed exchange process for an immediate exchange.
Merchandise on Backorder
Merchandise on backorder is temporarily out of stock. If we are unable to ship any merchandise on backorder within thirty (30) days from the date of your order, we will notify you at the e-mail address that you have provided. You will not be charged for merchandise on backorder until it ships. Shipping and handling for each item in an order is distributed so it is directly proportional to the cost of an item and will not be charged in the applicable proportional amount until the respective item(s) ship(s). All items in an order will be shipped via the shipping service type selected when placing the order. The status of a backordered item will remain open on an order until the merchandise is in stock and we take payment and ship the merchandise, or until we contact you that that item was cancelled, or if you contact us to change or cancel your order.
PRICES AND PAYMENTS
Gilly Hicks may vary the price of its merchandise at any time. After we accept an order, we will not alter the price, except for merchandise eligible for price adjustment.
For orders shipped to the US and Canada, we are happy to process a price adjustment for you if we reduce the price of any merchandise (in the same color and size) that you have ordered from us within fourteen (14) days from the date that you submit your order. We offer price adjustments only for merchandise purchased at the original price. Each item that you purchase from us is eligible for only one (1) price adjustment. To request a price adjustment, please contact Customer Service by email at GillyHicks@GillyHicks.com, including your order number and details of the eligible merchandise.
Payments by Credit Card
When you pay by Credit Card, Gilly Hicks reserves the right to request additional evidence or proof of billing information. The charge for your order will appear on your credit card statement as ‘GILLYHICKS.COM.' If you contest the validity or amount of a charge related to an order with Gilly Hicks and believe it to be fraudulent, please email us at GillyHicks_OrderService@gillyhicks.com.
Gilly Hicks will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law any fraudulent activities related to the reversal of a valid charge for an order filled and delivered to the customer. Should your order be cancelled, any 'authorization holds' will drop of your account within three to five business days.
Shipping and handling charges will depend on the value of your order, the country to which the merchandise is being shipped, and your required shipping time. You can find a list of our shipping and handling charges and our delivery terms here.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL GILLY HICKS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATING TO A SALE OF MERCHANDISE. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations on liability may not apply.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND RESOURCES
Gilly Hicks is located, and controls the Website, from its offices within the State of Ohio. The Sale Terms shall be governed by the laws of the state of Ohio, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. The Sale Terms are not enforceable by any party except for Gilly Hicks and its customers. If any provision of the Sale Terms is found not to be enforceable, that term will be deleted and all other terms will remain.